Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/20 11:56:01 UTC

[awt] AWT improvements

Guys,

I've just committed two highly expected improvements for awt:
1. OpenGL font renderer from Nikolay Viskov. So Harmony can now draw
text strings in OpenGL mode.
2. Headless mode [1] from Dmitry Matveev (without font rendering :).
So Harmony can now draw images even without X-server. This is useful
feature for server mode and for running some benchmarks without
running X-server.
Font rendering in Headless mode need more time for implementation
since we are using X server for text rendering now. So this part
should be rewriten in more low level...

Thanks Nikolay and Dmitry for these really needed patches!

SY, Alexey

[1] http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/headless/index.html

Re: [awt] AWT improvements

Posted by Nikolay Viskov <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 2/20/07, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 20 February 2007 at 13:56, "Alexey Petrenko" <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I've just committed two highly expected improvements for awt:
> > 1. OpenGL font renderer from Nikolay Viskov. So Harmony can now draw
> > text strings in OpenGL mode.
> > 2. Headless mode [1] from Dmitry Matveev (without font rendering :).
> > So Harmony can now draw images even without X-server. This is useful
> > feature for server mode and for running some benchmarks without
> > running X-server.
> > Font rendering in Headless mode need more time for implementation
> > since we are using X server for text rendering now. So this part
> > should be rewriten in more low level...
> >
> > Thanks Nikolay and Dmitry for these really needed patches!
>
> +1
>
> I've fixed a minor error in the exports.txt file on unix in r509510.
Thanks, Mark

Regards,
Nikolay

Re: [awt] AWT improvements