Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Merrick <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/11 18:31:58 UTC

Question

Hello all, thanks a lot. Just one question would be, I have a jsp page that would be a form that would take input from the user, and the user has a choice to upload a file. So on submission of the form, if they specify the file name, then it would be uploaded to the server, and the full path name would be saved as a String in the databases.  So how can that be done in Java in JSP format.

This is on a Tomcat web server, using MYSQL datatbase, so I am sure I would have to specify the full path name and the IP server.

Thanks so much .

---------------------------------
Yahoo! - We Remember

Re: Question

Posted by "Truong,Hoang C." <ht...@mitre.org>.
Ralph,
Check out this two product.  They have a set of API that can do the job.

MimeParser: http://www.oop-reserch.com/

JspSmart: http://www.jspsmart.com/

-Hoang

Re: Question

Posted by Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology <gu...@stinky.com>.
RTFAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=160

Have fun!

 - Alex

Re: Question

Posted by Lauren Commons <lh...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ralph Merrick <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all, thanks a lot. Just one question would be,
> I have a jsp page that would be a form that would
> take input from the user, and the user has a choice
> to upload a file. So on submission of the form, if
> they specify the file name, then it would be
> uploaded to the server, and the full path name would
> be saved as a String in the databases.  So how can
> that be done in Java in JSP format.
The upload can be handled by using the
com.oreilly.servlet package available at
www.servlets.com. (Which appears to be having a server
problem right now...)
Writing the file name to a batabase is a
straightforward jdbc task.

=====