Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by insaneyogi3008 <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/15 22:55:45 UTC

Solr client query vs Solr search query

Hello,

I had this question to ask regarding building of a Solr query . On the solr
server running on a linux box my query that returns results is as follows ,
this one of course returns the search results

http://ncbu-cam35-2:17003/apache-solr-1.4.0/profile/select/?q=Bangalore&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

However when I try to access the same Solr server using a webapp on tomcat
if I print out the query it comes out as :

http://ncbu-cam35-2:17003/apache-solr-1.4.0/profile?q=bangalore&qt=/profile&rows=100&wt=javabin&version=1

Note the second query is missing the "select" clause among other things that
follow . This one does not return the results back to me .

My question is am I building my query wrong in my client , could somebody
show me the way?

With Regards
Sri