Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Sofiane Cherchalli <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/30 19:52:19 UTC

Zeppelin Notebook API - reporting errors

Hi,

I am running notebooks through the Notebook API by running synchronously
every paragraph of the notebook, but it seems that if something fails
during the execution of a paragraph due to an exception for instance, the
API returns a 500 Server Error. To get more detail of the exception, one
has to open the notebook to see the stack trace. Is it the expected
behaviour? Shouldn't the API catch the exception and return the 500 with
the stack trace text of the exception?

Thanks.
Sofiane

Re: Zeppelin Notebook API - reporting errors

Posted by Sofiane Cherchalli <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Moon,

I just created the issue: ZEPPELIN-2345
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2345>