Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sy...@lfod.info on 2008/02/01 08:24:56 UTC

Re: Send HTTP requests from different IPs

sebb wrote:
> On 31/01/2008, sys@lfod.info <sy...@lfod.info> wrote:
>> Hi gang! Do forgive me if this question's been answered before; couldn't
>> find a solution.
>>

> It has, but it's been a while...
>
>> We have some HTTP servers, behind a Cisco CSS that does load balancing
>> depending on the client's IP. I'll be using JMeter with the Commons
>> HttpClient component to generate load, to test the HTTP servers. The
>> load balancer needs to split the load between them evenly. JMeter has
>> to run on a single, powerful machine running Linux. I can add all the
>> alias IPs or even a few net intrfaces I need to the machine running
>> JMeter, but how can I configure JMeter/HttpClient so that the requests
>> will seem, to the load balancer, to be coming from different IPs?
>> Perhaps using iptables?
>
> The following entry in jmeter.properties:
>
> httpclient.localaddress
>
> can be used to select between multiple local host ips. However, it is
> processed at startup, so you would need to use one JMeter instance per
> host, and of course you must use the HttpClient version of the HTTP
> Sampler.

That's perfect for us. We were going to use more than one JMeter
instance anyway.

> Runtime configuration of the address would need code (and GUI)
> changes; feel free to raise a Bugzilla enhancement request.

I won't raise one... Will pick at the code as time permits.

>> Thanks!

Thank you! Now we'll be all set to start testing on Monday :)

Re: Send HTTP requests from different IPs

Posted by sy...@lfod.info.
sebb wrote:
> On 01/02/2008, sys@lfod.info <sy...@lfod.info> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:
>>>>
>>> It has, but it's been a while...

>>> The following entry in jmeter.properties:
>>>
>>> httpclient.localaddress
>>>
>>> can be used to select between multiple local host ips. However, it is
>>> processed at startup, so you would need to use one JMeter instance per
>>> host, and of course you must use the HttpClient version of the HTTP
>>> Sampler.
>>>
>> That's perfect for us. We were going to use more than one JMeter
>> instance anyway.
>>
>>> Runtime configuration of the address would need code (and GUI)
>>> changes; feel free to raise a Bugzilla enhancement request.
>>>
>> I won't raise one... Will pick at the code as time permits.
>>

> It's in HTTPSampler2.java in the static section.  Line 177 et seq.
> Line 526 is where the connection localHost address is set up. However
> the local host name is also used elsewhere for authentication.
>
> If you don't want to update the GUI, you could use a fixed JMeter
> variable name and use that for the local IP address when setting up a
> connection.

Setting up a variable can be done easily enough. Never bothered myself
with Swing :)

Re: Regular Expressin Extractor problem with test

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/02/2008, Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi
>   I'm tring to apply a match regex on this string
>              the field "text" is
>
>   Regular Expressin Extractor
>       reference name = example
>       regular expression = (the field "text" is)
>       template = $1$
>       Match = 1
>       Default = NO
>
>   Running Jmeter always return NO

Odd, because that looks OK.

>   If i change
>   regular expression = (the field)  the match work correctly.

This means that the rest of the RE was not quite right.

>   I tryed also to use jakarta Demonstration Applet if i insert
>   "text" or \"text\" the regex match correctly

Double-quotes are not meta-characters and don't need to be escaped.

>   Where is the error?

Are you sure the spacing is correct? It's easy to overlook a different
number of spaces.
Or perhaps there are tabs?

You can match arbitrary white space with \s+

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
Hi

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: BeanShell --> how set test successfull

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The BeanShell Listener is not suitable for this.

Use the BeanShell Assertion instead:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#BeanShell_Assertion

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
hi,

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: BeanShell --> how set test successfull

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: regular expression extractor HELP

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Try

  skl'].value=([^;]+);document.+return false;">${userParameter}

as the Regular expression

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
May be i'm not so clear,

sebb <se...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
  On 20/02/2008, Fulvio Guglielmelli wrote:
> It's a table builded by the server after a SQL query
>
> 11111111 is last column

So you just need to extract the 111111 and store it in the
userParameter variable.
I assumed this is what you were already doing, as you said:

".... if userParameter value is 11111111"

> AAAAAA is value inththe HTML
>
> ....skl'].value='AAAAAA';document.....return false;">11111111
>

> sebb ha scritto:
> On 20/02/2008, Fulvio Guglielmelli wrote:
> > thank
> > the problem is the the HTML returned from server in responde is dynamic,
> > so i cannot put into the RegularExpression field.
>
> Which other part is dynamic?
>
> I thought I already allowed for that.
>
> > is possible use * or samethink like that?
> >

> I already used +.
>
> Have you actually tried it?
>
> > fulvio
> >

> > sebb ha scritto:
>

> > On 20/02/2008, Fulvio Guglielmelli wrote:
> > > HI,
> > > i need an help on the regular expressio extractor
> > >
> > > i have a http request, with HTML responseData similar like this
> > >
> > > ....skl'].value='AAAAAA';document.....return false;">11111111
> > > ....skl'].value=BBBBBB;document.....return false;">22222222
> > >

> > Try ....skl'].value=([^;]+);document.....return false;">${userParameter}
> >
> > > i have a user Parameter defined, i need to extract
> > > AAAAA if userParameter value is 11111111
> > > BBBBBB if userParameter value is 22222222
> > >
> > > i tied to use regular expression extractor.but i have no idea how i can write the expression to extract them.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > FULVIO
> > >

> > [snip irrelevant e-mail thread]

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3

Re: regular expression extractor HELP

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
May be i'm not so clear,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
thank

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it>.
HI,
  i need an help on the regular expressio extractor

  i have a http request, with HTML responseData similar like this

      ....skl'].value='AAAAAA';document.....return false;">11111111
      ....skl'].value=BBBBBB;document.....return false;">22222222

  i have a user Parameter defined, i need to extract
         AAAAA if userParameter value is 11111111
         BBBBBB if userParameter value is 22222222

  i tied to use regular expression extractor.but i have no idea how i can write the expression to extract them.

  thanks
FULVIO

pfrancav <pf...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hi, I made some changes in HTTPSampler2.java, but when I run my test plan,
never stop in breakpoint, seems like this class is not used, instead
HTTPSampler.java stop in all breakpoints.

Do you know what's the differences between both ?

Thanks

Posted by pfrancav <pf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.