Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Rajeswari Venkatachalam <rv...@eforceglobal.com> on 2001/09/20 18:52:48 UTC

psml for user, role and group

Hi,
 I have created permissions for roles and users have different roles. In
jetspeed all created users belong to Jetspeed group by default. I want to
have separate psml files for each of the roles. So I created:

role1/html/default.psml
role2/html/default.psml

But I get exceptions when I access home page after logging in. It complains
about not being able to find psml file in following locations:

user\robin\html\en\US\default.psml. -- INFO -- CastorPsmlManager: about to
return null doc:
user\robin\html\en\default.psml. -- INFO -- CastorPsmlManager: about to
return null doc:
user\robin\html\default.psml. -- INFO -- CastorPsmlManager: about to return
null doc:
user\robin\default.psml. -- INFO -- CastorPsmlManager: about to return null
doc:
anon\default.psml.

etc etc

Why is not checking in role\* dir??
I dont want any psml is anon dir. I looked at CastorPsmlManager. It checks
for user or role or group. Since the user is logged in, it always looks in
user\* dir for psml? Is my understanding right? Please suggest.

thanks,
-Raje

Re: psml for user, role and group

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Rajeswari,
I believe you are using role incorrectly.  According to you description,
you have roles and groups reversed, i.e. instead of
psml/role1/html/default.psml it should
psml/group/Group1/html/default.psml.  That said, I am not aware how to
configure a user's default portal to be Group1/html/default.html.  Try
searching the mailing list, http://www.mail-archive.com

Their has to be a anon/... directory.  A user can not log in with out
it!

Paul Spencer