Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "anebi@iguanait.com" <an...@iguanait.com> on 2009/01/14 12:48:39 UTC

What can be the reason for stopping solr work after some time?

Hi,

i'm newbie with solr. We have installed with together with ezfind from
EZ Publish web sites and it is working. But in one of the servers we
have this kind of problem. It works for example for 3 hours, and then in
one moment it stop to work, searching and indexing does not work.

We have set this the in init script:

JAVA_VMOPTIONS="-Dezfind -Xms512M -Xmx512M"

What can be the reason for this, i suppose this is a memory issue, but
i'm not sure. Bacause in this system i see that sometimes swap is also
using.

Thanks in advanced!

Regards, Ali Nebi!

Re: What can be the reason for stopping solr work after some time?

Posted by "anebi@iguanait.com" <an...@iguanait.com>.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Sorry for lesser information that i gave in my first post, i just didn't
know what to share.

Yes, java proccess is still working, but search in the site does not
work and i cannot see any http request at this time in the logs. I have
not tested the admin page, this is something that i should test. How can
i enable debug mode in solr?

I'm sending you the private message only, because i have unsubscribed
from solr mailing list, i need to subscribe again.