Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Wim Wan <ww...@sigma-rt.com> on 2006/03/06 05:01:22 UTC

How can I pass parameters to My TCL proc in JavaScript Code?

Hi:
  I am Wim. Please Help me!!!
  (Considering I am from China...)

 Example:

 web::puts {<script>
 function foo() {
   var strArg1 = "wim";
   var iArg2 = 2;
   // invoke my TCL proc
   // How can pass strAgr1 and iArg2 to myProc
   {myProc ????????????????????}
 }
 </script>}

proc myProc {arg1 arg2 }{
 #do something with arg1 arg2
}

Wim Wan
2006-03-06

Re: How can I pass parameters to My TCL proc in JavaScript Code?

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
Hi

>   I am Wim. Please Help me!!!
>   (Considering I am from China...)

What does your question have to do with China?

>  Example:
>
>  web::puts {<script>
>  function foo() {
>    var strArg1 = "wim";
>    var iArg2 = 2;
>    // invoke my TCL proc
>    // How can pass strAgr1 and iArg2 to myProc
>    {myProc ????????????????????}
>  }
>  </script>}
>
> proc myProc {arg1 arg2 }{
>  #do something with arg1 arg2
> }

You can't: Websh will be executed on the server and Javascript on the
client.

btw: web::put (not web::puts) will just output your code (here the
JavaScript function foo(), where as web::putx will eval the code in
curly brackets. But neither does what you want, because it both
happens on the server and there is *no* Websh on the client.

hth
Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41 (0)44 247 79 79 | fax +41 (0)44 247 70 75