Posted to user@spark.apache.org by cashinpj <pc...@unm.edu> on 2016/10/11 04:32:12 UTC

GraphFrame BFS

Hello,

I have a set of data representing various network connections.  Each vertex
is represented by a single id, while the edges have  a source id,
destination id, and a relationship (peer to peer, customer to provider, or
provider to customer).  I am trying to create a sub graph build around a
single source node following one type of edge as far as possible.

For example:
1 2 p2p
2 3 p2p
2 3 c2p

Following the p2p edges would give:

1 2 p2p
2 3 p2p

I am pretty new to GraphX and GraphFrames, but was wondering if it is
possible to get this behavior using the GraphFrames bfs() function or would
it be better to modify the already existing Pregel implementation of bfs?

Thank you for your time.

Padraic

Re: GraphFrame BFS

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.
You should be able to GraphX or GraphFrames subgraph to build up your
subgraph.  A good example for GraphFrames can be found at:
http://graphframes.github.io/user-guide.html#subgraphs.  HTH!