Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jiang licht <li...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/24 00:00:39 UTC

how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?

I want to replace a new CDH version 0.20.2+320 with an older one 0.20.2+228.

"yum downgrade" reports that version can only be upgraded. I also didn't find a way to yum install the older version.

I guess I can download tar ball of the old version and extract it to where the new version is installed and overwrite it. But seems not a good solution because it might have negative impact on upgrading in the future.

So, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?

Posted by "Jones, Nick" <ni...@amd.com>.
You may also need to change to the CDH2 repository in the package manager.

Nick
Sent by radiation.

Not sure if you got your question answered...

You need to delete the current version (via yum) and then specifically re-install the version you want by specifying the full name including version.

HTH
-Mike

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.