Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2023/04/05 18:23:09 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 6 1100 PDT 2000 CEST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting TApril 6 11:00 Pacific Daylight Time
(PDT) 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CET) to discuss JDO TCK issues
and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87074698575?pwd=bmZXeVV3dVowRHFDWk9KWFdVWjc3dz09

Agenda:

1. Updates for our quarterly report to the board?

2. JIRA JDO-819 "Code quality analysis"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-819
    JIRA JDO-823 "Fix sonarcloud issues of type Code Smells"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-823
Sonarcloud link: https://sonarcloud.io/summary/overall?id=db-jdo

  * PR #72: JDO-823: Remove unused local variable
    "https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/72"
  * Cognitive Complexity of methods should not be too high:
    https://sonarcloud.io/project/issues?resolved=false&rules=java%3AS3776&severities=CRITICAL&types=CODE_SMELL&id=db-jdo

  * Raw types should not be used:
    https://sonarcloud.io/project/issues?resolved=false&rules=java%3AS3740&severities=MAJOR&id=db-jdo

3. JIRA JDO-709 "Standardize field/property converters"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-709

4. JIRA JDO-822: "Verify compatibility with JDK 20"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-822

5. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

6. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Mar 16 2023] AI Tobias JDOException.inPrintStackTrace is modified
during the execution of the method: look into it.
[Nov 23 2022] AI Tilmann follow up with Andy/DataNucleus for his advice
on JDO-709.
[Oct 20 2022] AI Craig update the JIRA JDO-709 to request a test case
using annotations and results of the test.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites.https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651

Fwd: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 6 1100 PDT 2000 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

We discussed the quarterly report yesterday.

Warm regards,
Craig

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 6 1100 PDT 2000 CEST
> Date: April 6, 2023 at 11:57:19 PDT
> To: JDO Project <jd...@db.apache.org>
>
> 1. Updates for our quarterly report to the board?
>
> JDO project is working on sonar cloud reports that will improve the quality of the code. We have already fixed reports under the category of Reliability and Security. Still working on Maintainability.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 6 1100 PDT 2000 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday April 20 1100 PDT 2000 CET

Agenda:

1. Updates for our quarterly report to the board?

JDO project is working on sonar cloud reports that will improve the quality of the code. We have already fixed reports under the category of Reliability and Security. Still working on Maintainability.

2. JIRA JDO-819 "Code quality analysis" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-819
   JIRA JDO-823 "Fix sonarcloud issues of type Code Smells" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-823
Sonarcloud link: https://sonarcloud.io/summary/overall?id=db-jdo

* PR #72: JDO-823: Remove unused local variable
  "https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/72"

Looks good. AI Til: merge to main.

* Cognitive Complexity of methods should not be too high:
  https://sonarcloud.io/project/issues?resolved=false&rules=java%3AS3776&severities=CRITICAL&types=CODE_SMELL&id=db-jdo

Volunteer needed to pick up one of these and start a discussion.

* Raw types should not be used:
  https://sonarcloud.io/project/issues?resolved=false&rules=java%3AS3740&severities=MAJOR&id=db-jdo

In FetchPlan 186 getDetachmentRoots the return type is Collection. Perhaps change this to Collection<?>. Might be a breaking change.
AI Michael: give it a try.

JDOException.inPrintStackTrace is modified during the execution of the method.
This is to enable catching multiple exceptions and presenting them to the user.
AI Tobias: create a PR for discussion

3. JIRA JDO-709 "Standardize field/property converters" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-709

Til wrote a test case and submitted it to DataNucleus. Implementation is not resourced.
The JDO Javadoc says this should work but it does not.
Volunteer needed to update the Javadoc.
AI Til write a new JIRA needed just for the Javadoc update.