Posted to user@hive.apache.org by ankit kinra <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/29 03:33:24 UTC

Trying to create external table managed by hbase with Beeswax UI from HUE

Hi,

I enabled HUE on our cloudera distribution, but I was not able to see any
command interface where I can create an externally managed table in hbase.
All I was presented a wizard to create the table. Is there a way I can just
create a externally managed table without wizard just like through hive cli.
Also I noticed beeswax has it's own configuration and creates its own
warehouse which is different from hive-site.xml on the server where hive is
installed. Why are their two configs.
Also, I am a beginner, so please pardon me if I have not provided all the
necessary details.

Regards,
Ankit Kinra
Master of Computer Science, 2013