Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/23 09:11:04 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2020-09-23

2020-09-22 15:53:19 UTC - Sijie Guo: No progress yet. There are more interesting tasks to accomplish in Pulsar than removing zookeeper at this moment.
----
2020-09-22 18:31:08 UTC - Rich Adams: @Stepan Mazurov I think that PrestoSQL tries to maintain compatibility with the jdbc driver/server from before the fork. That’s based on them having the folders:
- <https://github.com/prestosql/presto/tree/master/presto-test-jdbc-compatibility-old-driver>
- <https://github.com/prestosql/presto/tree/master/presto-test-jdbc-compatibility-old-server>
But I don’t know what the “Presto Software Foundation” plans are going forward for maintaining compatibility between the standards developed by the “Presto Foundation”.
----
2020-09-22 18:44:36 UTC - Rich Adams: And while the “Presto Foundation” has six major members and is under the umbrella of the linux foundation. I can’t seem to find any information about the members of the “Presto Software Foundation” other than (I’m assuming) Starburst Data. But maybe that’s a good thing? Less cooks in the kitchen probably means that you can iterate faster.
----