Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/05 14:36:45 UTC

Re: svn commit: r941242 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk: RELEASE-NOTES.txt src/changes/changes.xml

>>> o COMPRESS-106:  Remove unnecessary method
>>>       ZipFile.OFFSET_COMPARATOR.new Comparator() {...}.equals(Object o)
>
> That method never existed in 1.0, it was added and later removed between
> 1.0 and now.  I may have a different idea about what constitutes
> RELEASE-NOTES but is it really worth mentioning?  Aren't we even
> confusing our users more than helping them this way?

I think like you

Christian

Re: svn commit: r941242 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk: RELEASE-NOTES.txt src/changes/changes.xml

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-05-05, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That part of the change has been reverted.

Thank you

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r941242 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk: RELEASE-NOTES.txt src/changes/changes.xml

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 05/05/2010, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>>       ZipFile.OFFSET_COMPARATOR.new Comparator() {...}.equals(Object o)
>  >
>  > That method never existed in 1.0, it was added and later removed between
>  > 1.0 and now.  I may have a different idea about what constitutes
>  > RELEASE-NOTES but is it really worth mentioning?  Aren't we even
>  > confusing our users more than helping them this way?

Sorry, did not realised it was a new method - I just reconciled the
1.1 Fix JIRAs with changes.xml, and did not check when it was added.