Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/23 20:27:01 UTC

Re: [discuss] Beginnings of "Hacking Archiva" document.

On 5/21/07, Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@apache.org> wrote:

>  What I'd like for any developer reading this, is to tell me what your "top
> 10" list of concepts that illicit a "huh?" or "wha?" type response when you
> read it in the list below.

I'm not sure how many people are here listening to the request. :)
Archiva doesn't have much of a community yet, so I think it's on us to
share as much information as we can up front.  That way, when someone
does take an interest, it will be easier for them to get involved.

Unfortunately, you and possibly Jesse/Arnaud/Brett are just about the
only ones who can get the ball rolling in terms of documenting the
design and internals.  It doesn't have to be formal documentation...
dev list discussions will be there in the archives for people to pick
up later.

Wendy

Re: [discuss] Beginnings of "Hacking Archiva" document.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
hey joakim, how about a little bit on how you implemented that spiffy
bit where its doing all the repo scanning and still lettings you get
incremental updates of content while its still scanning?

that is a nice feature, you don't have to wait for the entire repo to
be scanning in order to start surfing objects...

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com