Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/05/28 17:16:53 UTC

Which are the good ones

Hello Crazy People World.

When building my apache server with mod_perl module
and Apache::ASP API (is that quite right ?!) I saw
that it created same files with a .default extension
with the configuration files of the server.
Which one must I use ?
e.g httpd.conf or httpd.conf.default ?

Sorry for this lamentable question but I found anywhere such
behavior at customizing my apache.

Thx,
bbsc,
ism

Re: Which are the good ones

Posted by Philip Mak <pm...@animeglobe.com>.
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 05:16:53PM +0200, Ismael Touama wrote:
> When building my apache server with mod_perl module
> and Apache::ASP API (is that quite right ?!) I saw
> that it created same files with a .default extension
> with the configuration files of the server.
> Which one must I use ?
> e.g httpd.conf or httpd.conf.default ?

Use httpd.conf. (If you ever mess up httpd.conf and want to restore it
to its default settings, copy httpd.conf.default to httpd.conf. That's
what httpd.conf.default is for.)

BTW, your question was related to Apache, not Apache::ASP or mod_perl.