Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/11 03:27:37 UTC

Embeded thrift server performance

Hi,
works somebody on "TODO: Override more methods to short-circuit for
performance"
from
src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegionThriftServer.java:110
(path and line number it's from 0.94 branch)?

Today i take a look on this code and when i implement thrift method GetRow,
i have 10x more better peformance, that's perfrect!
This will be breat step for thrift protocol and HBase too.

I can't found this issue in jira, but when nobody work on it, i'll take a
look on this code and provide patch.

So works somebody on this?

(sorry for my english)
--
Save The World - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMemberInfo.do?userName=LesTR

LesTR

Re: Embeded thrift server performance

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today i take a look on this code and when i implement thrift method GetRow,
> i have 10x more better peformance, that's perfrect!

Please put up a patch Lukáš.

> This will be breat step for thrift protocol and HBase too.
>
> I can't found this issue in jira, but when nobody work on it, i'll take a
> look on this code and provide patch.
>
> So works somebody on this?

Not that I know of.  A patch would be appreciated.  What did you change?

> (sorry for my english)
> --
> Save The World - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

This sounds like a cool project.