Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Bashiro <ba...@myway.com> on 2012/04/06 06:54:11 UTC

Base64

Hello,
Could anyone point to me any example of "how to"  code Base 64 encoding using the HttpClient or HttpCore components
or using the commons codecs? I cannot find any example

Bashiro
Drammen-Norway

Re: Base64

Posted by tommmmmm <to...@gmail.com>.
Base64 is done when you do basic authorization. So, when you set your
credentials and give basic authorization top priority you will see a header
like this being sent:
Authorization: Basic shfo34209ujasdja09dj23d9jdpsj#$Dasd
You can see all the headers by specifing logs to be debug level (see
google-> httpClient logs settings)

The encoding is done automatically by the HttpClient

Is it possible to get the encoded string before sending, if that's what you
want - I don't know. Try getting all the headers/params of the request and
iterate through them to look for "Authorization" header.

On 6 April 2012 06:54, Bashiro <ba...@myway.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Could anyone point to me any example of "how to"  code Base 64 encoding
> using the HttpClient or HttpCore components
> or using the commons codecs? I cannot find any example
>
> Bashiro
> Drammen-Norway

Tomasz P.