Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Jim Theodoridis <oj...@tera.gr> on 2003/12/18 16:21:30 UTC

Database not found

Hi
I am using ojb with struts and Tomcat 4.1.24
I am getting the following message

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.odmg.DatabaseNotFoundException: OJB
can't open database repository.xml
Borrow broker from pool failed: Creation of a new PB instance failed
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
54)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

when i am trying to work with odmg
but if i work with PB the application run with out problem

Order of field-descriptor id entries at repository

Posted by Guido Beutler <gu...@hrs.de>.
Hello,

I had some stange values aut objects since updated to RC5.
After some debuging I found out that I got illegal values at attributes
which does not match with the database. For example I got a attribute
at tahe object with the value 15 where a 0 is stored at the corresponding
database row.
The solution was the sort order at the repository_user.xml.
My repository_user.xml was auto generated and did not represent the correct
order of  field-descriptor id's. I former time this worked.
Now it seems that the id's must have the correct order. After sorting the
repository everything worked fine. All the fields had the correct id so
it was not a real mapping error. I just thougt that OJB uses the
field-descriptor for mapping the column.
I'll now sort my repository an think that everything will work after that.
Will this problem be fixed? I thing trusting in the position is dangerous.

best regards,

Guido