Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/01/27 09:41:03 UTC

[DS] Remove pre-R5 fake configuration change counting?

A few years ago when R5 was young and not perhaps widely used I fixed some configuration race conditions in DS using the R5 Configuration changeCount property.  In order to support older Config Admin implementations I wrote a fake change counter that would sort of work sometimes for pre-R5 configurations.

Now that R5 is rather old and our DS is the RI for R6 I’d like to remove the fake change counter so you will really need a R5 or later config admin to use with our DS.

Currently we allegedly support cm version 1.2:

 org.osgi.service.cm;version="[1.2,2)";resolution:=optional, \

and I’m proposing to change the minimum  to 1.5.

We currently use felix cm 1.8.0 which is version 1.5 or R5 to test with (thus the “allegedly” above :-)

Any objections?

thanks
david jencks

Re: [DS] Remove pre-R5 fake configuration change counting?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
David Jencks wrote
> A few years ago when R5 was young and not perhaps widely used I fixed some configuration race conditions in DS using the R5 Configuration changeCount property.  In order to support older Config Admin implementations I wrote a fake change counter that would sort of work sometimes for pre-R5 configurations.
>
> Now that R5 is rather old and our DS is the RI for R6 I’d like to remove the fake change counter so you will really need a R5 or later config admin to use with our DS.
>
> Currently we allegedly support cm version 1.2:
>
>  org.osgi.service.cm;version="[1.2,2)";resolution:=optional, \
>
> and I’m proposing to change the minimum  to 1.5.
>
> We currently use felix cm 1.8.0 which is version 1.5 or R5 to test with (thus the “allegedly” above :-)

+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [DS] Remove pre-R5 fake configuration change counting?

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
I'm fine with that.

thanks;

cheers;