Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by J....@pilz.ie on 2004/01/21 15:39:38 UTC

Using Castor with AXIS

Hi.

I'm relatively new to using AXIS, but have been using Castor for some
time.

Currently I generate classes using Castor, and also need to generate
similar classes (only on the client side) for Axis using the WSDL2Java
tool.

I have seen org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.castor mentioned in some posts,
but cannot find it in CVS, or the 1.1 version of Axis which I have
downloaded.
I understand this might help me.

As I need to only do client side, is there any document that describes how
to go through the process of using Castor generated classes on client side
with Axis?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

Re: Using Castor with AXIS

Posted by Pedro Salazar <pe...@ptinovacao.pt>.
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 14:39, J.Sugrue@pilz.ie wrote:

> I have seen org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.castor mentioned in some posts,
> but cannot find it in CVS, or the 1.1 version of Axis which I have
> downloaded.
> I understand this might help me.
> James

I haven't tried yet (I will), but I found the referred classes in the
sources of axis 1.1. But they aren't available on the jar file.

I presume we should compile the missing castor classes to a jar.

Maybe some with a few more experience on that could share that
information.

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--