Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Darren Gilroy <DG...@CONSONUS.com> on 2001/04/30 20:19:02 UTC

Caching and AbstractPortlet

Hi All -

I built a bunch of portlets extending AbstractPortlet. And I noticed in the
docs that AbstractPortlet uses the global cache interface.

I took a quick glance through AbstractPortlet, but I was wondering if the
caching happens per-user-per-portlet or per-portlet? Basically, with some of
the portlets, the content is customized for each user. (i.e. "Hello " +
getUser.getName())

Also, where can I look at the cache interface and code so I can use the
caching infrastructure directly if I need to?

Thanks!
-best-darr-