Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/05 14:22:31 UTC

application.xml generated in src

Hello maven users,

All the plugins which generate sources or resources do generate them
in build output directory (target), and by convention it is typically
a directory named by generator within target/generated-sources or
target/generated-resources. Correct me if wrong, IMO it's bad practice
to have sources and resources generated under src directory.

I have maven-ear-plugin:2.6 with custom modules section (and
earSourceExcludes) configured - all the rest is default, including
"generateApplicationXml" and "generatedDescriptorLocation"
configuration parameters. Problem is whenever I build the project,
application.xml gets generated in src/main/application/META-INF
directory. Whenever version changes of referenced modules that
application.xml gets automatically updated.

Anyone have any ideas who and why is generating this application.xml
in src/main/application/META-INF?

Regards,
Stevo.

Re: application.xml generated in src

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Small correction, instead of "All the plugins which generate sources
or resources do generate them in build output directory (target) ..."
should be "All the plugins which generate sources or resources do
generate them in build directory (target) ..."

Regards,
Stevo.

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks!