Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rick_O <Ri...@ameritech.net> on 2010/06/01 00:11:04 UTC

Access Control

I am a newbie to the list so I will apologize in advance I have not quite
figured out all of the documentation, so I am hoping someone can point me to
where I can find information on setting up access control / role based
security.   I am trying to figure out the capabilities on limiting access
based upon Role, or specific user ID.  So all customer service reps can
enter orders, but only the Customer Service Manager can process a return.

Thanks,

Rick

Re: Access Control

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
as a general statement
you can set the security and action in the widget and ftls, mostly to
control access to information
you can also set it in the service, to limit processing.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Rick_O sent the following on 5/31/2010 3:11 PM:

Re: Access Control

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
also note that the security is about to change in the trunk.
Adrian has been working on it and waited till after 10.4 was created.
Maybe Adrian can point to his doc on it.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

rahul jain sent the following on 6/1/2010 7:26 AM:

Re: Access Control

Posted by rahul jain <ra...@hotwaxmedia.com>.