Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tuomo L <tl...@cc.hut.fi> on 2004/02/06 14:06:17 UTC

Browser based content in a multi-sub-sitemap system

Hi,

Should anyone have a hint, how to do this, please let me know!

I have a site with dozens of sub-sitemaps, for which I need to support
different client devices (pda, wap etc.).

Each sub-sitemap has pipelines. I need to provide an exit point for each
pipeline, without replicating it into each of my 100 sitemaps. How can I
do this?

If I define a resource/view at the parent sitemap, it's not callable from
the sub-sitemaps. (Not supported by Cocoon).

I then tried generating the sub-sitemaps on the fly (using cocoon://), by
having the exit point in a separate xml-file and cincluding/xincluding it
there, but there were strange behaviour by Cocoon (Caching didn't work)
and I got blank pages etc. Anyway, dynamic sitemaps didn't feel like the
right way to go.

The other thing I tried was to dynamically substitute @type attribute at
the serializing stage, but it's not supported either by Cocoon.

Running out of ideas here... :|

-Tuomo

RE: Browser based content in a multi-sub-sitemap system

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Perhaps not the best idea, but you could use XML entities to include
the resources part.

HTH
Carsten