Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/05/02 03:15:00 UTC

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Any other comments on this? I'd really love to get the framework
shaped up and cleaned up as much as we plan to for the near future so
we can release something and keep it stable for a while...

Related to this, when we release the framework I really want to put
some stuff together to talk it up and get the ideas in it out to the
world. Part of that would be more docs and marketing material, and
another part of it would be some press releases that go through the
ASF public relations group. If any one or any company wants to get
involved with that please speak up! I'll try to coordinate it for now,
but there is certainly room for public credit and mention of
contributors to the relevant materials.

-David

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by Mike Bates <mi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Regarding the effort to get the word out, HWM will definitely enjoy
the chance to participate in that - docs, marketing, PR.  Would be
great to collaborate with other individuals / organizations on any of
these as well.  Any interested parties, feel free to contact me
individually and we could begin working on a plan.

Best regards,

Mike

--
Mike Bates
HotWax Media

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4098

Jacques

From: "guo weizhan" <gu...@gmail.com>

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Do you mean "branch" or "fork"?

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yes, exactly.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by Joe Eckard <jo...@redrocketcorp.com>.

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That would be great Adrian. I noticed you were working on the example
component, which will be part of this framework release. Actually, the
example and webtools components are the only ones that really have a
UI to them, so work in those areas would be especially great right now.

For the press release: I'll definitely keep you in the loop. I'm not
totally sure how that will work, but I think we need to create a draft
or at least tell the story and then the Apache PRC folks can help us
refine and distribute it.

-David

Re: Next Ofbiz release

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.