Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Ushakov, Sergey N" <us...@int.com.ru> on 2001/08/29 03:26:57 UTC

Proper localization in non-English environment

Hi,

I've recently launched James for my first time.

Everything seems to be working ok except the date format in the "Received:"
line of incoming messages. It is formatted according to the local locale
(Russian in my case) and is therefore erroneously parsed by POP3 mail
agents. Meanwhile the "Date:" line is formatted ok (in English).

This is a sample of the erroneous line (originally containing Cyrillic
letters):

          by ushakova.chemtrade.com.ru (JAMES SMTP Server 1.2.1rc2) with
SMTP ID 183
          for <ro...@localhost>;
          Âò, 28 àâã 2001 00:23:02 +0800

I use James Release 1.2.1 and Windows 2000 Prof, English edition.

Is there any spell to be applied anywhere in the James configuration so that
format of the "Received:" line become English? :)

Regards,
Sergey Ushakov

Re: Proper localization in non-English environment

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
This has been fixed in CVS.  We're using the SimpleDateFormat and in 1.2.1
were not specifying the Locale.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/