Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sadik Kalia <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 21:49:29 UTC

Information about submitting patches.

Hello,

I am new to Apache Tomcat and i do not know how to submit a patch. The
patch does not have to do with a bug fix but it is a change in code that i
think will give better performance.
Can you please me explain the way to submit it ?

Thank you,
Sadik Kalia

Re: Information about submitting patches.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/06/2016 22:49, Sadik Kalia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Apache Tomcat and i do not know how to submit a patch. The
> patch does not have to do with a bug fix but it is a change in code that i
> think will give better performance.
> Can you please me explain the way to submit it ?

Create a Bugzilla issue as an enhancement request.

You'll need to provide hard evidence of a performance improvement. Just
"thinking" it will be better is not good enough.

Mark