Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2004/05/27 21:08:45 UTC

Re: win32: apr_password_validate fails to validate sha1 key generated by htpasswd

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 12:01 -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> > On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:02:50AM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> >>I hate to act as a broken phone, but Steve Hay reports that sha1 validation
> >>fails on win32. Quoting Steve:
> >

> > apr_password_validate() does not accepting SHA1 passwords in all
> > released versions of httpd/apr-util, it's been fixed in CVS on the
> > stable branch for a while and was on HEAD for a longer while, was the
> > same version being tested on both platforms?
>
> All I know is that Steve was running Apache 2.0.49. Is 2.0.49 recent enough?

No, SHA1 Support was not added to the 2.0 branch untill after 2.0.49 was
released.

-Paul Querna

Re: win32: apr_password_validate fails to validate sha1 key generated by htpasswd

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 12:01 -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Joe Orton wrote:

>>>apr_password_validate() does not accepting SHA1 passwords in all
>>>released versions of httpd/apr-util, it's been fixed in CVS on the
>>>stable branch for a while and was on HEAD for a longer while, was the
>>>same version being tested on both platforms?
>>
>>All I know is that Steve was running Apache 2.0.49. Is 2.0.49 recent enough?
>

> No, SHA1 Support was not added to the 2.0 branch untill after 2.0.49 was
> released.

Thanks Paul, I'll change the test to check whether it has 2.0.50 or higher to
run it.