Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/18 13:09:33 UTC

Apache Ignite nodes are not discovering themselves in Docker

Hi all,

So I have 2  ignite nodes running in Docker containers. Each container on a
separate VM.
However the two nodes are not discovering each other at all.
I've set the configuration of the ignite to use
TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.
This works when the containers are on my 2 VMs on my local machine.
But when the VMs are on separate machines over the network, they are not
discovering each other.
I suspect this might be due to network latency.
If anyone has some advice to give on what settings in configuration I should
be changing/experimenting with. Or how I should try to narrow down the
reason why they are not discovering each other, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Rami

Re: Apache Ignite nodes are not discovering themselves in Docker

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

As I understand, multicast protocol is disabled in your distributed docker
environment. If it's possible to enable it, do this.

Alternatively use the static IP finder explicitly listing IPs of all the
nodes or any of our shared IP finders like JDBC, files system or AWS one:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config

Denis