Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bruno Miguel Duarte <es...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2007/03/26 14:18:49 UTC

Jackrabbit in JBoss...

Hi community,

I'm trying to deploy a war of a service that uses jackrabbit in JBoss 4.

In a clean installation of JBoss AS in windows the service works fine.
In a clean installation of JBoss AS 4 in Linux I can't get it to work.

It seems some classloaders problem. The service can't find
SimpleDbPersistenceManager that I'm using with MySQL.

Exception:
13:08:55,431 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 26-03 13:08:55,429
(Log4JLogger.java:error:119)  -Exception while dispatching incoming RPC
call
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get a repository: Cannot
instantiate persistence manager
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
        at ...

The war contains the jar jackrabbit-core-1.2.2.jar. I've also tried to
copy the core jar to the lib of the AS but don't work eider.

Any thought?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno Duarte

RE: Jackrabbit in JBoss...

Posted by Bruno Miguel Duarte <es...@ptinovacao.pt>.
Hi Jukka,

You're absolutely right. I'm still trying to understand how it worked in windows!

Thanks,
Bruno Duarte

> I'm trying to deploy a war of a service that uses jackrabbit in JBoss 4.
>
> In a clean installation of JBoss AS in windows the service works fine.
> In a clean installation of JBoss AS 4 in Linux I can't get it to work.
>
> It seems some classloaders problem. The service can't find
> SimpleDbPersistenceManager that I'm using with MySQL.
>
> Exception:
> 13:08:55,431 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 26-03 13:08:55,429
> (Log4JLogger.java:error:119)  -Exception while dispatching incoming RPC
> call
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get a repository: Cannot
> instantiate persistence manager
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager:
> com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>         at ...
>
> The war contains the jar jackrabbit-core-1.2.2.jar. I've also tried to
> copy the core jar to the lib of the AS but don't work eider.

The MySQL JDBC driver isn't included by default in Jackrabbit. It
seems like the driver is available in your JBoss installation on
Windows but not on Linux. You should be fine if you place the MySQL
JDBC driver jar file together with the jackrabbit-core in WEB-INF/lib
of your webapp.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit in JBoss...