Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kamil Kukura <Ka...@sphere-systems.com> on 2001/10/25 14:06:31 UTC

the meaning of message "WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error"

I have database connection pooling that runs in background in application
scope. From time to time I can found strange error message in catalina.out
logfile:

WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/System
        at
repDB.cpooling.JDCConnectionPool.reapConnections(JDCConnectionPool.java:75)
        at repDB.cpooling.ConnectionReaper.run(JDCConnectionPool.java:36)

The source of JDCConnectionPool is attached. The pool is created in bean
that is in application scope. I guess the problem occurs because of that
ConnectionReaper thread running.

--
Kamil Kukura

Re: the meaning of message "WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error"

Posted by Kamil Kukura <Ka...@sphere-systems.com>.
hmm I guess it happens when WebappClassLoader is stopped and my thread wants
to load some other class. Is there way my thread can obtain
WebappClassLoader so I can check if it is started?

--
Kamil