Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Geoff Soper <ge...@alphaworks.co.uk> on 2004/07/17 13:36:36 UTC

.procmailrc problem

Can anyone suggest why this .procmailrc rule:

<snip>
# Spam
:0:
| (formail -r -I"Precedence: junk" \
  -A"From: do_not_reply@my_domain"  \
  -A"X-Loop: my_loop_address@my_domain" ; \
 cat /home/username/auto_responders/geoff_spam) | $SENDMAIL -t
<snip>

lets quite a few messages through such as one containing these headers:

<snip>
To: my_address@my_domain
Subject: *****SPAM***** ORIGINAL MICR0S0FT, AD0BE, N0RTON, COREL DRAW CD
FROM $15 women couvert
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:39:13 -0700
<snip>

Many thanks!
Geoff

Re: .procmailrc problem

Posted by Geoff Soper <ge...@alphaworks.co.uk>.

Oops, it was actually using X-Spam-Status until this morning when I tried
changing to see if that was the problem. I've realised the problem to
actually be the
>> * ^TO_*.my_address@my_domain
recipe which should be
>> * ^TO_.*my_address@my_domain
I'd mistyped the regular expression! Simple when you know..

Thanks,
Geoff