Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bryan Richardson <bt...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/06 21:14:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Question Using mod_auth

Hello all,

I currently have Apache 2.2 sitting in front of my Ruby on Rails
application, proxying non-static requests to the Rails server running on a
different port.  I have an admin portion of my Rails application that is
accessed by going to www.mysite.com/admin/.  I want to protect the admin
portion using mod_auth in Apache, and I was wondering if that would be
possible since I'm proxying that type of stuff to my Rails server.  Can I
implement a Rewrite rule to look for attempts to access the admin/ portion
of the application and force authorization?  If so, can someone provide me
with an example?  If not, is it possible to do this another way?  Below is
the relevant portion of my config file that I use to proxy the requests.

  <Proxy *>
    Allow from All
  </Proxy>

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule .* http://127.0.0.1:3001%{REQUEST_URI} [L,P,QSA]

Thanks in advance!!! -- BTR

[users@httpd] Re: Question Using mod_auth

Posted by Bryan Richardson <bt...@gmail.com>.
Is there anyone that can help me with this at all?