Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Trent Fisher <tr...@oracle.com> on 2022/07/14 14:37:39 UTC

Re: [External] : Re: What's the status of changing UUIDs of repos in working copies?

On 7/13/2022 9:25 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Thorsten Schöning wrote on Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 16:06:11 +0200:
>
>> Do you have any tips for the easiest possible change of the UUIDs?
> It'll be a lot easier to set the repository's UUID to the one expected
> by clients.  See «svnadmin setuuid».

This is what I do, I have svnsync replicas at another site for disaster
recovery, and I change the UUIDs to match so that, in a disaster, I can
flip the DNS alias and they can keep working transparently (of course,
making the replica read-write is also needed, but that's a different,
more complicated, subject).

trent...