Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jonas <jo...@huntun.de> on 2017/02/09 12:05:14 UTC

Remove old <1.0 documentation from google

Hi!

Its really annoying that if you search for something in Flink, you often get
old documentation from Google. Example: Google "flink quickstart scala" and
you get
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.8/scala_api_quickstart.html

Re: Remove old <1.0 documentation from google

Posted by Jonas <jo...@huntun.de>.
Doesen't Google offer wildcard removal?

Re: Remove old <1.0 documentation from google

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
OK, I've added this issue here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5764

I have time to address it next week.

Re: Remove old <1.0 documentation from google

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
@Jonas: We added that, but as Greg said some docs are apparently not updated automatically (see here https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3242).

As mentioned in the linked PR I agree that we should consider removing everything < 1.0.0 and redirect the older URL to the latest stable release.

@David, Stephan: What do you think about this?

We didn't do it, because we weren't sure what the redirects will mean for the general page rank of the docs, but I think this is not maintable as it is right now.

Posted by Greg Hogan <co...@greghogan.com>.
See FLINK-5575.

Posted by Jonas <jo...@huntun.de>.