Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2006/11/08 22:24:37 UTC

Drop Sun ORB

I'm going to drop the Sun ORB from trunk (unless someone
objects :)).  We have voted to have Yoko in 1.2 and once we certify
there is no reason to keep the Sun ORB configs around.  Once we do
this, we can add in JPA and other optional features that require 1.5
to compile.  Of course the main G server will still be Java 1.4 vm
compatible and Java5 vm will only be required for applications that
require Java5.

-dain

Re: Drop Sun ORB

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
+1...the Sun ORB is dead....long live the Sun ORB.

On Nov 8, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I'm going to drop the Sun ORB from trunk (unless someone
> objects :)).  We have voted to have Yoko in 1.2 and once we certify
> there is no reason to keep the Sun ORB configs around.  Once we do
> this, we can add in JPA and other optional features that require
> 1.5 to compile.  Of course the main G server will still be Java 1.4
> vm compatible and Java5 vm will only be required for applications
> that require Java5.
>
> -dain

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: Drop Sun ORB

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/8/06, Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> wrote:
> I'm going to drop the Sun ORB from trunk (unless someone
> objects :)).  We have voted to have Yoko in 1.2 and once we certify
> there is no reason to keep the Sun ORB configs around.  Once we do
> this, we can add in JPA and other optional features that require 1.5
> to compile.  Of course the main G server will still be Java 1.4 vm
> compatible and Java5 vm will only be required for applications that
> require Java5.

+1

Jacek

--