Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/09 03:20:20 UTC

Web Builders

   Geronimo-web-2.5-builder uses geronimo-web-builder as a dependency.
It brings in geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec and geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4 as
follows:
web-builder - geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec
              naming-builder --> j2ee-schema -->
geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4
    Should naming-builder be changed to use 1.5? Should we remove
dependency on web-builder and move all the stuff to web-2.5-builder?

Thanks
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
--- anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 8, 2007, at 9:20 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
> >
> > >    Geronimo-web-2.5-builder uses geronimo-web-builder as a
> > dependency.
> >
> > Yikes!!
> > > It brings in geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec and
> geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4
> > as
> > > follows:
> > > web-builder - geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec
> > >               naming-builder --> j2ee-schema -->
> > > geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4
> > >     Should naming-builder be changed to use 1.5?
> >
> > yes.

    I changed j2ee-schema to use geronimo-schema-jee_5 jar. So I must
change j2ee-builder, in other word the EarConfigBuilder should use
org.apache.geronimo.xbeans.javaee.* This means the test war/jar/rars
must be  generated for javaee5. Does SchemaConversion need to be
updated to handle conversion from 1.4 to 5 namespace?

> > > Should we remove
> > > dependency on web-builder and move all the stuff to
> > web-2.5-builder?
> >
> > Very definitely!!  It looks like both the jetty and tomcat builders
>
> > are already using the web25 AbstractWebBuilder so there should be
> no
> >
> > problems there.

    Are the following tests still meaningful?
GenericToSpecificPlanConverter
WebAppDconfigTest

Thanks
Anita

> > Can you do this?  Thanks for noticing this problem!!!
>
> Sure..
>
> Anita
>

> > thanks
> > david jencks
> >

> > > Thanks
> > > Anita

> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Have a burning question?

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
> --- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I'm tempted
>
> > to say we should just use both schema jars and leave connector
> > unchanged.
   I think we should have a single jar containing
o.a.g.xbeans.javaee.*
o.a.g.xbeans.j2ee.connector stuff and
o.a.g.xbeans.j2ee.jaxrpc stuff

Thanks
Anita

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
David J,
   I have attached patches to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2723. This is a first
step towards removing references to j2ee schemas. I might have
overlooked some finer points.
   Suggestions for improvement are welcome..

Thanks
Anita

--- anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 11, 2007, at 9:05 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
> >
> > >     Thanks David J.! I managed to get the webservices-builder to
> > > compile and pass the tests by using dependency exclusion and some
> > code
> > > hack.
> > >    Now the connector-builder needs the following classes:
> > > ActivationspecType;
> > > AdminobjectType;
> > > ConfigPropertyType;
> > > ConnectionDefinitionType;
> > > ConnectorDocument;
> > > ConnectorType;
> > > MessagelistenerType;
> > > ResourceadapterType;
> > >     Where can I fine these?
> >
> > hm..... the connector spec is unchanged between 1.4 and 5 so I
> didn't
> >
> > include it in the 5 schema class jar.  I think this means we need
> > both the schema jars for 2.0.  Alternatively I guess we could add
> the
> >
> > schemas from 1.4 to the 5 jar?  I don't know how many problems this
>
> > will cause.... like 2 description classes.
>
>     I also think we could add connector to the 5 schema jar. I just
> managed to get everything built and a running server! I will post the
> patch for your review. I had to sneak in the 1.4 schema jar in
> dependency.xml of j2ee-schema for the connector. I have used a hack
> override getStringValue() in connector-builder and
> webservices-builder.
>    Comments welcome..
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>

> > For me anyway what to do here needs some more thought.  I'm tempted
>
> > to say we should just use both schema jars and leave connector
> > unchanged.
> >
> > thanks
> > david jencks

> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know.
> Ask your question on www.Answers.yahoo.com

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
--- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 9:05 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> >     Thanks David J.! I managed to get the webservices-builder to
> > compile and pass the tests by using dependency exclusion and some
> code
> > hack.
> >    Now the connector-builder needs the following classes:
> > ActivationspecType;
> > AdminobjectType;
> > ConfigPropertyType;
> > ConnectionDefinitionType;
> > ConnectorDocument;
> > ConnectorType;
> > MessagelistenerType;
> > ResourceadapterType;
> >     Where can I fine these?
>
> hm..... the connector spec is unchanged between 1.4 and 5 so I didn't
>
> include it in the 5 schema class jar.  I think this means we need
> both the schema jars for 2.0.  Alternatively I guess we could add the
>
> schemas from 1.4 to the 5 jar?  I don't know how many problems this
> will cause.... like 2 description classes.

    I also think we could add connector to the 5 schema jar. I just
managed to get everything built and a running server! I will post the
patch for your review. I had to sneak in the 1.4 schema jar in
dependency.xml of j2ee-schema for the connector. I have used a hack to

Re: Web Builders

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 11, 2007, at 9:05 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>     Thanks David J.! I managed to get the webservices-builder to
> compile and pass the tests by using dependency exclusion and some code
> hack.
>    Now the connector-builder needs the following classes:
> ActivationspecType;
> AdminobjectType;
> ConfigPropertyType;
> ConnectionDefinitionType;
> ConnectorDocument;
> ConnectorType;
> MessagelistenerType;
> ResourceadapterType;
>     Where can I fine these?

hm..... the connector spec is unchanged between 1.4 and 5 so I didn't
include it in the 5 schema class jar.  I think this means we need
both the schema jars for 2.0.  Alternatively I guess we could add the
schemas from 1.4 to the 5 jar?  I don't know how many problems this
will cause.... like 2 description classes.

For me anyway what to do here needs some more thought.  I'm tempted
to say we should just use both schema jars and leave connector
unchanged.

thanks
david jencks

> Thanks
> Anita
>
> --- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:36 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>>
>>>     I am trying to use javaee5 xbeans in webservices-builder.
>>
>> I don't think that will work.  the current webservices-builder module
>>
>> is for jaxrpc and it uses different xml than javaee, and javaee
>> doesn't include any version of that xml (something we can all be very
>>
>> happy about :-)
>>
>> Most of the stuff in webservices-builder was to support the jaxrpc
>> mapping mess, which has been totally replaced by jaxb.  I think we
>> can leave webservices-builder as is, perhaps labeling it so its clear
>>
>> it refers to jaxrpc and not jaxws, and see if we need a universal
>> module for jaxws.  At this point I don't know: it's quite possible
>> that both cxf and axis2 include 90% of the stuff they need and the
>> remaining 10% is easier to implement specific to the ws container.
>> It's also possible we can use a common module.  I think we need to
>> get more of both working before we know.... unless some experts who
>> actually know cxf and axis2 speak up :-)
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>>> The
>>> following classes are not in geronimo-schema-jee_5 jar. Where can I
>>> find them?
>>>
>>> ExceptionMappingType;
>>> JavaWsdlMappingDocument JavaWsdlMappingType;
>>> PackageMappingType;
>>> ServiceEndpointInterfaceMappingType;

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Web Builders

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
    I am trying to use javaee5 xbeans in webservices-builder. The

Re: Web Builders

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Web Builders