Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/15 14:57:50 UTC

Aries Application - Question

Hi,

I would like to know why we don t see any error message on OSGI server
when dependencies of the bundles EAB archive are not resolved as this
is the case when you deploy a bundle using command osgi:install ? It
should be great that we have this error logged as it will allow to
detect immediately which missing bundles jars we have.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Sr. Principal Solution Architect - FuseSource
Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard

Re: Aries Application - Question

Posted by fips <fr...@googlemail.com>.
if i copy
org.apache.aries.samples.blog.jdbc.eba-0.3.eba in deploy dir
it is still there an in the log is
2011-12-15 15:59:07,411 | INFO  | rint Extender: 2 | BlueprintContainerImpl
| container.BlueprintContainerImpl  305 | 9 - org.apache.aries.blueprint -
0.3.1 | Bundle org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr is waiting for
dependencies
[(objectClass=org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.repository.PlatformRepository),
(objectClass=org.apache.aries.application.modelling.utils.ModellingHelper),
(objectClass=org.apache.aries.application.modelling.ModellingManager)]
What's wrong?
osgi:ls shows
Apache Aries Application OBR Resolver (107) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.resolve.AriesApplicationResolver
org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.repository.RepositoryGenerator
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Installer (108) provides:
org.apache.felix.fileinstall.ArtifactInstaller
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Management (110) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.management.AriesApplicationManager
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Utils (111) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.ApplicationMetadataFactory
org.apache.aries.application.DeploymentMetadataFactory
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Modelling (112) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.modelling.ModellingManager
org.apache.aries.application.modelling.ModelledResourceManager
org.apache.aries.application.modelling.ParserProxy
org.apache.aries.application.modelling.utils.ModellingHelper
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Default local platform (113) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.runtime.LocalPlatform
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Platform Repository (114) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.repository.PlatformRepository
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application postresolve process (115) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.resolve.PostResolveTransformer
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Deployment Management (116) provides:
org.apache.aries.application.management.spi.resolve.DeploymentManifestManager
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer

Apache Aries Application Runtime (117) provides:

Re: Aries Application - Question

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
With the last modifications made on Karaf and Aries projects, I have
been able to deploy the Aries Blog Sample EBA archive on Karaf

[ 131] [Active     ] [            ] [   60] Apache Aries blog sample
web component (0.3.0.SNAPSHOT)
[ 132] [Active     ] [            ] [   60] Apache Aries blog sample
API (0.3.0.SNAPSHOT)
[ 133] [Active     ] [Created     ] [   60] Apache Aries blog sample
(0.3.0.SNAPSHOT)
[ 134] [Active     ] [Created     ] [   60] Apache Aries blog sample
persistence (0.3.0.SNAPSHOT)

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have put the EBA archive file in the deploy folder of Karaf.
>
> BTW : I have tried to redeploy it using the last snapshot of Karaf but
> now Karaf wrap it when I put the xxx.eba file in our deploy directory
> and Aries Application can not load the eba archive !!!!
>
> To rerproduce that, you can do that
>
> 1) Install the following feature repo file (see attachment) using command :

features:addUrl file:features-eba.xml

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Already fixed (around 30mn ago :)).

Sorry again guys :/