Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/04/14 21:19:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] VM appliance with CS pre-installed

I'd like to simplify the CS onboarding expirience even further by providing vm images with CS pre-installed in appliance format (perhaps including system vms as bundle and nfs preconfigured)

I can automate this process completely hands off with or without vagrant (not a fan of vbox).

Im curious what people think? Should this be hosted externally?

RE: [DISCUSS] VM appliance with CS pre-installed

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Sailaja,

This is going to differ from DevCloud slightly.

1) CS is going to be preinstalled and started
2) NFS will be-preconfigured

I will most likely roll non-oss versions since it will cover all use cases.

Regards
ilya

Posted by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013, at 02:19 PM, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> I'd like to simplify the CS onboarding expirience even further by
> providing vm images with CS pre-installed in appliance format (perhaps
> including system vms as bundle and nfs preconfigured)
>
> I can automate this process completely hands off with or without vagrant
> (not a fan of vbox).

+1 to the idea and +1 to not-VirtualBox. A Xen or KVM version that we
could install and go would be *awesome*.

> Im curious what people think? Should this be hosted externally?

I'd love this. We'd have to host it externally, and it'd have to be
clear it's not an "Official" Apache distribution.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier