Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by francisco treacy <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/10 12:47:12 UTC

Re: What IDE best fits with Wicket?

i would like to add an ingredient here: scala.

is there anyone successfully using an IDE with wicket/maven/scala
*and* jetty hotswap?

i have always developed wicket/java in eclipse (dead easy to set up -
create quickstart archetype, right click debug Start.java and off you
go). but scala plugin for eclipse was a PIA to work with (stable or
nightly) and i decided to try with netbeans 6.5, where scala plugin is
quite decent. i managed to set up the quickstart with maven, added
some config for scala and all is great... but i really can't figure
out how to have jetty hotswap support.  apparently i should add some
configuration to tell netbeans i want the "process-resources" goal to
execute each time i save an html file, or compile a scala file.

it is not very convenient to restart the app every time i make a
change.  does anybody have experience with a similar setup?

thanks,

francisco

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
I'm using Jetty directly (without Maven, though we do use maven for
project management), and hotswap works great then.

Eelco