Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Savory <as...@apache.org> on 2014/02/01 01:40:05 UTC

Re: Fw: Help us make ApacheCon a huge success

Hey Joe,

On 27 January 2014 21:02, Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll do a Cordova Plugin Development talk.  It'd be mostly be about
> Android, but it'll give me an excuse to mess around with iOS dev as
> well.

If you do, you might want to take a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4886 and
https://github.com/lholmquist/cordova-plugman/tree/for_yeoman ... I found
it makes a big difference when starting out (all kudos to Lucas):

  plugman create --name Test --plugin_id "com.andrewsavory.test"
--plugin_version 0.0.1 --variable description="Awesome Plugin"
  cd MyPhoneGapApp; plugman install --platform ios --plugin ../Test
--project platforms/ios

Note the plugin development guide has a bug in "Validating a Plugin", the
"test whether iOS dependencies load properly" bit has a nonsense command.
I'll submit a patch when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Re: Fw: Help us make ApacheCon a huge success

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
I ended up submitting:
talk: The Cordova Development Lifecycle (how we manage 50 repos and not go
insane)
lightning talk: Cordova's Sweet Spot (e.g. what kind of apps are good fits
for hybrid)

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Coleman <do...@gmail.com>.
I submitted 2 talks and a lab