Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by bart remmerie <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/27 14:43:58 UTC

installing and configuring cocoon 2.2

Dear all,

I want to get my existing 2.1.10 apps up and running under cocoon 2.2.

* In the documentation, I find information to get an application up
and running for "myNewBlock"
* In the readme files, I find information to get the "all blocks"
installation working (but this is actually broken)

Information I cannot seem to find is how to configure maven & cocoon
to get "myBlock" up and running with e.g. "cforms".

Where can I find such information ?
To be honest, I'm getting kind of frustrated by the lack of
comprehensive & working documentation available.

bart

Re: installing and configuring cocoon 2.2

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
bart remmerie napisał(a):
> 2007/3/27, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>:
>
> I know the page, but found it a bit limited in terms of adequate info.
> Nevertheless, receiving quick feedback helps me to get going again:
> I'll play around with the dependencies and see where it gets me ;-)

Forgot to say. Just take a look on cocoon-forms-samples to see how
correct pom (dependencies) should look like and how to use forms.

What's more, there is ongoing work on refactoring Forms and Ajax blocks:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1991
I tell you about it because if you plan to build/migrate application
that uses Forms/Ajax it will be wise to take a look on this stuff in
order to avoid double migration effort. It means that you have to get
dirty with some code (no documentation now, first I have to finish tasks
to have document anything). However, when you decide to you non-released
version you should consider that you'll have to be closer to devs
level... :)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: installing and configuring cocoon 2.2

Posted by bart remmerie <re...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/27, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>:
> bart remmerie napisał(a):
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I want to get my existing 2.1.10 apps up and running under cocoon 2.2.
> >
> > * In the documentation, I find information to get an application up
> > and running for "myNewBlock"
>
> Can you give address of document mentioning "myNewBlock"? It's first
> time I hear about it.

It was actually "myBlock"

> > * In the readme files, I find information to get the "all blocks"
> > installation working (but this is actually broken)
>
> README should be fixed because it's not up-to-date with recent changes.
> I'll fix that soon.
> If you want to build just most popular blocks of Cocoon (all of them
> working) just checkout cocoon trunk, go to the root directory and call:
> mvn install

I'll try that

> > Information I cannot seem to find is how to configure maven & cocoon
> > to get "myBlock" up and running with e.g. "cforms".
>
> Have you looked on this:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1159.html
> If it works for you, you can add dependency to the pom.xml on
> cocoon-forms-impl and start developing your forms application.

I know the page, but found it a bit limited in terms of adequate info.
 Nevertheless, receiving quick feedback helps me to get going again:
I'll play around with the dependencies and see where it gets me ;-)

> > Where can I find such information ?
> > To be honest, I'm getting kind of frustrated by the lack of
> > comprehensive & working documentation available.
>
> Remember that C2.2 is still work in progress and a lot of effort is put
> in documentation recently. Even more is planned to do and there are
> people willing to make documentation much better so it is going to
> improve a lot.
>
> For now just ask questions here. I'll try help you with all troubles.
>
> --
> Grzegorz Kossakowski
> http://reflectingonthevicissitudes.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate your effort !!

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.