Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@apache.org> on 2009/11/17 12:11:12 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-4 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Maven
3.0-alpha-4.

Maven is a project comprehension and build tool, designed to simplify
the process of maintaining a healthy development lifecycle for your
project. You can read more here:

   http://maven.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are already available on
the central Maven repository and various Apache download mirrors and
will be listed soon in our download section once the updated site gets
synced to the live server:

   http://maven.apache.org/download.html

A major goal of Maven 3.0 is to be compatible with existing plugins and
projects designed for Maven 2.x. Users interested in testing this alpha
release should have a glance at the compatibility notes for known
differences between Maven 3.0 and Maven 2.x:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-notes.html

If you encounter unexpected problems while using Maven 3.0-alpha-4,
please feel free to contact us via the Maven developer list:

   http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Release Notes - Maven 2 - Version 3.0-alpha-4

** Bug
     * [MNG-4361] - [regression] command line option "-update-snapshots"
does not work
     * [MNG-4433] - [regression] command line option "-update-snapshots"
does not work for parent POMs
     * [MNG-4436] - [regression] Singleton components can get
instantianted multiple times

** Improvement
     * [MNG-4439] - apache-maven project should not deploy a source JAR
or JAR, as it is only a distribution module

** Task
     * [MNG-3913] - Figure out why MavenEmbedderExampleTest fails on the
grid and reenable when fixed.
     * [MNG-4412] - Make legacy entry points to repository system pick
offline mode from session

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-4 Released

Posted by Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net>.
Thanks Benjamin.

I've started testing it and I got a problem, see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4450

Thanks