Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by JD...@genelogic.com on 2003/03/14 16:15:11 UTC

Disabling torque turns off logging?

We're building a Turbine 2.2.1 application that doesn't use Torque to
access backend data. Because of this, I'd like to turn off the Torque
service as there's no reason to have this running and consuming resources
when not using it. To this end, I've commented out the following lines in
TurbineResources.properties:

#services.ComponentService.name = torque
#services.ComponentService.torque.classname = org.apache.torque.Torque
#services.ComponentService.torque.config =
/WEB-INF/classes/resources/resources.properties

Doing this shuts down all commons-logging-based logging in our app, for
reasons that to this point are quite beyond me. Can anyone shed some light
as to why disabling Torque would affect logging? This does seem to be the
only mention in TR.props of the Component Service but I've not commented
out the service's startup:

services.ComponentService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService

because I assumed it might be used for some other task somewhere (I'm
still not terribly clear on fulcrum/components/etc in the non-Avalonized
version of Turbine). Would starting this service without any named
components to load shut down logging?

Thanks,
-j

James Diggans
Bioinformatics Programmer
Gene Logic, Inc.
Phone: 301.987.1756
FAX: 301.987.1701

Re: Disabling torque turns off logging?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
JDiggans@genelogic.com writes:

>Doing this shuts down all commons-logging-based logging in our app, for
>reasons that to this point are quite beyond me. Can anyone shed some light
>as to why disabling Torque would affect logging? This does seem to be the
>only mention in TR.props of the Component Service but I've not commented
>out the service's startup:

Sounds strange. Can you please send me your whole TR.props?

	Regards
		Henning