Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lee Parker <le...@socialagency.com> on 2010/07/26 17:05:43 UTC

Re: SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntupackage

Which debian/ubuntu packages are you using?  I am using the ones that are
maintained by Eric Evans and the init.d script stops the server correctly.

Posted by Jonathan Shook <js...@gmail.com>.
If only one instance of Cassandra is running on each node, then use
something like
pkill -f 'java.*cassandra'

If more than one (not recommended for various reasons), then you
should modify the scripts to put a unique token in the process name.
Something like -Dprocname=... will work. Then you can modify your
pkill -f to be instance specific.

Posted by Dave Viner <da...@pobox.com>.
Yes... if you're using debian cassandra you can do:

/etc/init.d/cassandra stop