Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by mast <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/28 10:50:16 UTC

Amq queues exists after delete of sa containing a jms provider su

Hi,

I'm depoying(hotdeploy) a SA into smx, the SA has an jms su that holds
diffrent jms endpoints:
Here is a snapshot of my xbean.xml conf:
<jms:endpoint service="dyna:CarLookupService"
                  endpoint="endpoint"
                  role="provider"
                  destinationStyle="queue"
                  jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/CLQ"
                  defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
                  connectionFactory="#connectionFactory" />

<amq:connectionFactory id="connectionFactory"
brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616" />

Everything works fine and the jms-endpoint queues are up and running and
receving messages.
I am using jconsole to surveillance and confirm this. However when I
undeploy my SA that is containing the jms su the queues are still there even
after i restart smx. How can I remove the queues that I no longer have any
need for from the amq broker? Am I doing anything out of the league here so
to speak?

BR
Mathias

Re: Amq queues exists after delete of sa containing a jms provider su

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

I didn't call stop on the SA I just removed it manually.
So I guess you'r right, this is another issue if even an issue.
I will start using jconsole to monitor(start/stop etc) my artifacts in the
future.
Thx for the tip.

BR
Mathias

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks you (I have seen the JIRA task). I will take a look on it.

Regards
JB

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Mathias,

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.
O.K I found it in the jmx console -> remove queue method.
Is this a desirable setup or a normal behaviour for removing queues? I can
see the benefit of it in a safety perspective.

BR
Mathias

Posted by mast <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gert,

I'm fine with using jconsole, I didn't know what the default "approach" was.
I was just confused when I saw my "old" queues hanging around even doe I had
undeployed(in this case just manually removed it) my artifact.

I could absolutely have a look at it, I just need some more "meat on my
bones" regarding how everything is related to eachother.

BR
Mathias

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Mathias,