Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2009/09/08 05:27:45 UTC

english entity descriptions in *EntityLabels.xml override the table values: very confusing....

I tried to update some partyrelationship descriptions and even in
webtools that does not work because In party there are english
description titles in the PartyEntityLabels.xml which override the
values in the actual table.

So the definitions in the seed data and the value in the actual table do
not apply anymore which is very confusing.

shouldn't we either take the descriptions out of the seed data, or take
the english descriptions out of the *EntityLabels.xml files?

anybody any (Strong) opinion about this?

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: english entity descriptions in *EntityLabels.xml override the table values: very confusing....

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
the *EntityLabels.xml file take priority over the entity content, so if
there is an english description defined there the entity update has no
effect even not in webtools if you change it there.

If the current locale is not english, and the translation is available
in the *EntityLabels.xml file the problem is not so big because it is
not a duplication and one can understand to go to the  files to change
the wording.

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.