Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Matthias <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/15 20:38:21 UTC

[5.4] Multi Page Form

Hi, I'd like to create a multi page form. Something like this:
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/E06D910022D5E2E2852578D2005ACCDF/%24file/MultiPageForm.jpg

But I'm unsure whats the best approach with tapestry is. I tried to use
Blocks, but I'm not to happy with it. It would be great if there's any
good example or if anyone have a nice advice.

Thanks in advance
Matthias

Re: [5.4] Multi Page Form

Posted by Nicolas Barrera <nb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I 've never done something like that but perhaps you could find some
inspiration in http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/
check these examples which are related to multi-page forms:

Wizard Using Form
Fragments<http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/wizard/usingformfragments/$N/$N>
Wizard Using Pages<http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/wizard/usingpages1>
Conversations List<http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/wizard/conversationslist>

(check other examples also as they all worth it!)

also you could see the tynamo's module
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/TYNAMO/tapestry-conversations+guide

hope that helps...

Nicolás.-

Re: [5.4] Multi Page Form

Posted by Matthias <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to both of you. I'd tried the form fragment and its way better
then my previous approach :). Now i will try the tapestry-conversations
module. It looks like its developed exactly for this purpose.

Re: [5.4] Multi Page Form

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:38:21 -0200, Matthias <th...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to create a multi page form. Something like this:
> http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/E06D910022D5E2E2852578D2005ACCDF/%24file/MultiPageForm.jpg
>
> But I'm unsure whats the best approach with tapestry is. I tried to use
> Blocks, but I'm not to happy with it. It would be great if there's any
> good example or if anyone have a nice advice.

Just do what you just described: use different pages sharing a same layout
and a @SessionState object. Or put everything in the same page but use
some JavaScript package to emulate tabs. It wouldn't be really multi page,
as it would work inside one single page.

Why aren't you happy with blocks? They're pretty good for some scenarios.
Here's a good example from the Tapestry documentation which can be used
for you to implement what you want:
http://tapestry.apache.org/switching-cases.html.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo