Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2016/12/21 16:54:16 UTC

Reproducible builds ...

Hello;

It would be important to work on Reproducible builds:

https://reproducible-builds.org/

The first issue to be resolved is that the executable should NOT carry
the date it was built. We could carry the SVN revision value instead.

Perhaps someone may be interested in hunting down here the date is
introduced in the "About" box?

Regards,

Pedro.

Re: Reproducible builds ...

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi;

On 12/21/16 11:54, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>
> It would be important to work on Reproducible builds:
>
> https://reproducible-builds.org/
>
> The first issue to be resolved is that the executable should NOT carry
> the date it was built. We could carry the SVN revision value instead.
>
> Perhaps someone may be interested in hunting down here the date is
> introduced in the "About" box?

I hunted it down with some patience and it ended up being not difficult
after all. After r1775936 we should not be embedding dates anymore.

I can't really claim we are within reproducible builds though, someone
has to build it a couple of times and run a binary diff over the
packages.

Merry Christmas!

Pedro.